By Gordon Guyatt, M.D.; Drummond Rennie, M.D.; Maureen O. Meade, M.D.; Deborah J. Cook, M.D.
No other resource helps you to put key evidence-based medicine protocols into daily clinical practice better than Users' Guides to the Medical Literature.
An instant classic in its first edition, this detailed, yet highly readable reference demystifies the statistical, analytical, and clinical principles of
evidence-based medicine, giving you a hands-on, practical resource that no other text can match.
Here, you'll learn how to distinguish solid medical evidence from poor medical evidence, devise the best search strategies for each clinical question, critically
appraise the medical literature, and optimally tailor evidence-based medicine for each patient. The new second edition of this landmark resource is now completely
revised and refreshed throughout, with expanded coverage of both basic and advanced issues in using evidence-based medicine in clinical practice.
- New and completely revised material to reflect the enormous expansion in medical research and evidence-based resources since the first edition
- Innovative organization to guide you from the fundamentals of using the medical literature to the more advanced strategies and skills for use in every day patient care situations
- Abundant and current real-world examples drawn from the medical literature woven throughout, and include important related principles and pitfalls in using medical literature in patient care decisions
- Practical focus on the key issues in evidence-based practice: What are the results? Are the results valid? How do I apply to results to the care of my patients?
- More than 60 internationally recognized editors and contributors from the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, and Asia—the best of the best in the discipline
- New coverage on how to:
--Avoid being misled by biased presentations of research findings
--Interpret the significance of clinical trials that are discontinued early
--Influence clinician behavior to improve patient care
--Apply key strategies for teaching evidence-based medicine
ISBN: 978-0-07-159035-8; 2008; 836 pages; softbound
|Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice, Second Edition
|Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: Essentials of Evidence-Based Clinical Practice and Users' Guide to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice