Jerry L. Bauman, Pharm.D., FCCP, FACC – Executive Editor
Keri A. Sims, Pharm.D., BCPS – Associate Editor
As an applicant for pharmacy residency training, it is important to position yourself above the crowd in order to ensure your acceptance to a residency program. Beginning early in your academic career to set yourself apart as an exceptional candidate becomes increasingly important as more and more pharmacy students seek postgraduate pharmacy training. ACCP’s Field Guide offers a step-by-step approach to maximize your curricular and extracurricular experiences to best prepare yourself to be that standout candidate.
Written by experienced and dedicated pharmacy residency proponents, this guide will give you detailed, practical information to use throughout your first, second, third, and all-important fourth years of pharmacy education—information you can use to chart your course to a successful postgraduate experience.
These are the steps that you can follow to emerge as a sought-after candidate:
- Defining (and Re-defining) Career Goals
- Achieving Academic Excellence
- Getting Involved in Professional Organizations
- Developing Leadership and Management Abilities
- Gaining Valuable Work Experience
- Maximizing Experiential Education
- Developing and Maintaining a Positive Professional Network
- Engaging in Scholarly Activity: Research, Publications, and Presentations
- Distinguishing Your CV and Portfolio
- Completing the All-Important Fourth Year
The ACCP Field Guide to Becoming a Standout Pharmacy Residency Candidate is your best guide to detailed and practical information on each of the steps above.
ISBN: 978-1-932658-90-3; 2012; 207 pages; paperback
|The ACCP Field Guide to Becoming a Standout Pharmacy Residency Candidate