Plenary Session I
Saturday, April 25, 2009 from 10:45 AM to 12:15 PM at Convention Center: Valencia Room D
Counts for 1.50 hours of CE credit
Program Number: 217-000-09-024-L05-P
- Moderator: Erik Gerbrands
Community Pharmacist, It Krúswâld Pharmacy, Buitenpost, The Netherlands; ESCP International Office
Learning from Medication Error Management: Improving Patient Outcomes
10:45 AM to 11:15 AM
- Speaker: Robert J. Weber, Pharm.D.
Associate Professor, Chief Pharmacy Officer, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy; University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
1. Explain methods for systematic analysis of medication errors.
2. Use data to identify and correct unsafe situations.
3. Communicate findings to patients, the health care system, and society.
4. Implement system changes that make medication use safer.
New Innovations and Clinical Applications of Genomics
11:30 AM to 12:15 PM
- Speaker: Vicki L. Ellingrod, Pharm.D., FCCP
Chair, Board of Trustees, ACCP Research Institute; Associate Professor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1. Explain current and future applications of genomics that improve patient care and patient safety.
2. Describe processes that help to incorporate pharmacogenomics into clinical practice.
3. Summarize major ethical issues surrounding genomics.