Instructional materials are now available for the 2012 edition of Updates in Therapeutics®: The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, the same course that was presented live at ACCP Updates in Therapeutics® 2012.
Updates in Therapeutics®: The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course is ideal for pharmacy professionals who are preparing for the Pharmacotherapy Specialty Certification Examination administered by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties and for those seeking a self-paced review and refresher of disease states and therapeutics. Developed by Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialists, the course content provides a comprehensive review of the knowledge domains covered in the pharmacotherapy specialty certification examination. The course uses a case-based approach, with strong emphasis on the thought processes needed to solve patient care problems in each therapeutic area.
The course materials are available in a variety of formats to best suit your learning style. The online course, print workbook and CD-ROM package, and online workbook and CD-ROM package are available for continuing pharmacy education credit. The maximum number of continuing pharmacy education credits available for the preparatory course is 24.0 hours. Instructional materials are available in the following formats:
- Course Workbook. Presenter handouts are provided in a perfect-bound book. These materials include case studies, study questions with answer explanations, and literature citations for further reference.
- Online Book. Information contained in the printed course workbook is also available in this online version. The online book provides access to course workbook contents as PDF (Portable Document Format) files.
- CD-ROM. The CD-ROM includes the presenters’ lectures, which are audio-synchronized to the slide presentations from the live program. The CD-ROM is both PC and Macintosh compatible and contains MP3 files of the presenters’ lectures. (The CD-ROM is not CD-audio compatible.)
- CD-ROM and Course Workbook with CE. This package includes the full course workbook and a CD-ROM, plus access to the Web-based posttests for continuing pharmacy education credit.
- Web-Based Online Course with CE. This combination provides participants with the online workbook and includes the presenters’ lectures, which are audio-synchronized to the slide presentations from the live program. The online course also provides the MP3 files of the presenters’ lectures. In addition, the online course provides participants access to the Web-based posttests for continuing pharmacy education credit.
- CD-ROM and Online Workbook with CE. This package includes the CD-ROM and full course online workbook, plus access to the Web-based posttests for continuing pharmacy education credit.
The American College of Clinical Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The Universal Activity Numbers are:
- Pediatrics; Geriatrics; and Gastrointestinal Disorders
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-019-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Fluids, Electrolytes, and Nutrition and Critical Care
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-020-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Ambulatory Care and Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-021-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Neurology and General Psychiatry
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-022-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Infectious Diseases, HIV/Infectious Diseases, Nephrology
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-023-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Oncology Supportive Care; Men’s and Women’s Health; and Pharmacokinetics: A Refresher
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-024-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Biostatistics: A Refresher and Study Designs: Fundamentals of Design and Interpretation
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-025-H04-P; 3.0 contact hours
- Cardiology I, Cardiology II, and Cardiology III
Activity No. 0217-0000-12-026-H01-P; 3.0 contact hours
All pharmacotherapy preparatory course modules are application-based activities. To receive continuing education credit, you must successfully complete and submit each Web-based posttest to ACCP by October 31, 2013.
Statements of credit for continuing pharmacy education will be available to participants immediately after the successful completion of each Web-based posttest at www.accp.com/ce. Learning objectives, faculty disclosures, target audience, program goals, technical requirements, and samples of the pharmacotherapy preparatory course are available at www.accp.com/bookstore/ppc12.aspx.
The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review Course for Recertification
The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course may be completed for recertification credit. A minimum of 21.0 hours of recertification credit will be available for participants each year. To earn recertification credit for the Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, BCPSs must attend the live program or complete the instructional materials for home study and successfully complete the program’s Web-based posttest by September 1, 2012. Only completed tests will be eligible for credit; no partial or incomplete tests will be processed.
The Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Review and Recertification Course may be completed for recertification credit, either in live or home study format, up to two times, in nonconsecutive years, during the 7-year recertification cycle.