Nineteen ACCP members have been elected Fellows of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy and will be recognized during a special ceremony on October 21 at the College’s 2012 Annual Meeting in Hollywood, Florida. Recognition as a Fellow is awarded to ACCP members who have demonstrated a sustained level of excellence in clinical pharmacy practice and/or research. Fellows can be recognized by the initials “FCCP” as part of their title.
The 2012 ACCP Fellows are:
- David Baribeault, B.S.; Salem, MA
- Amie Brooks, Pharm.D.; St. Charles, MO
- Krystal Edwards, Pharm.D.; Dallas, TX
- Shareen El-Ibiary, Pharm.D.; Glendale, AZ
- Brian Hemstreet, Pharm.D.; Aurora, CO
- Kellie Jones, Pharm.D.; Indianapolis, IN
- Kristi Kelley, Pharm.D.; Vestavia Hills, AL
- W. Klugh Kennedy, Pharm.D.; Savannah, GA
- Ty Kiser, Pharm.D.; Aurora, CO
- Julie Kissack, Pharm.D.; Searcy, AR
- Ishaq Lat, Pharm.D.; Chicago, IL
- Julie Murphy, Pharm.D.; St. Charles, MO
- Ruth Nemire, Pharm.D., B.S.; Plantation, FL
- Toni Ripley, Pharm.D.; Edmond, OK
- J. Mark Ruscin, Pharm.D.; Springfield, IL
- Nicole Sifontis, Pharm.D.; Philadelphia, PA
- Gregory Smallwood, Pharm.D.; Suwanee, GA
- Nathan Wiederhold, Pharm.D.; San Antonio, TX
- Susan Winkler, Pharm.D.; Downers Grove, IL
After nomination by their colleagues, Fellow candidates undergo a comprehensive and rigorous evaluation by the Credentials: Fellowship Committee of their practice and research accomplishments. Among the criteria evaluated by the committee are examples of patient care service or educational programs developed by the nominee; certifications or other credentials earned; drug therapy management responsibilities; educational presentations; consultantships; service to publications; original research presentations, projects, funding, and publications; and other professional activities and awards. Individuals nominated as Fellows also must have made a substantial contribution to ACCP through activities such as giving presentations at College-sponsored meetings; providing service as an abstract, curriculum vitae, ACCP Clinical Pharmacy Challenge, Research Institute, or Pharmacotherapy reviewer; contributing to College publications or being an item writer for the ACCP Clinical Pharmacy Challenge; serving as a committee member; or completing a term as a Practice and Research Network, chapter, or other elected ACCP officer.
Members of the 2012 Credentials: Fellowship Committee, each of whom dedicated many hours to the review of FCCP applications and other documents, were David Allen, Miranda Andrus, Jacque Bainbridge, Steven Barriere, Melissa Blair, David Burgess (vice chair), Sheryl Chow, Jeffrey Delafuente, Christopher Destache, Lori Dickerson, Paul Dobesh, Mary Ensom, Mark Haase, Mary Hayney, Daniel Healy, Joanna Hudson, Melanie Joy, Gary Levin (chair), David Lourwood, James Lyon, Margaret Noyes Essex, Mary Beth O’Connell, Beth Resman-Targoff, Melody Ryan, James Scott, Marisel Segarra-Newnham, Larry Segars, Amy Seybert, Nancy Shapiro, Maureen Smythe, Eva Vasquez, and Dan Wermeling.