The Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy (AUHSOP) is seeking a full-time Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor to join a dynamic experiential learning community. This faculty member would assume clinical responsibilities for a cohort of community based citizens who are continually served through our Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) program. As a member of the Office of Experiential Programs the successful candidate would have the opportunity to participate in other aspects of experiential components of the curriculum (Interprofessional Education, Co-Curriculum). This individual’s primary responsibilities will be coordination and supervision of the overall operation of the IPPE program and management of the care provided to patients enrolled in the program through the Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Clinic (AUPCC).
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and provide guidance for the overall operation of the IPPE courses and program on the Auburn and Mobile campus;
• Coordinate and supervise care provided to patients enrolled in the Introductory Pharmacy Practices Experiences (IPPE) program. Facilitate expansion of patient care opportunities for the IPPE program;
• Conduct a scholarship program consistent with the needs of the IPPE program as well as the faculty member’s professional goals and interests;
• Provide care to IPPE patients at the Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Center and in the homecare setting; Precept student pharmacists in the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE);
• Develop and coordinate a patient care network for interprofessional education experiences with other health-related disciplines (i.e., physicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers, clinical psychologists);
• Participate in University and School governance through committee service.
Successful candidates will be appointed to a non-tenure clinical track (Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor) position. Applicants must have earned a Doctor of Pharmacy or BS degree from an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy and be eligible for pharmacy licensure in the state of Alabama. Candidates should possess residencies or advanced degrees in an applicable field (e.g., education, social work, or public health). Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have board certification, extensive work experience in a clinical environment or other credentials.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with education and experience. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, clinical, practice management and organizational skills; be able to facilitate, motivate, and influence others; and demonstrate exceptional teamwork skills.
Review of applications will begin April 25, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should apply online at http://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com/postings/2133. Questions can be addressed to: Gordon S. Sacks, Pharm.D., Head, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Harrison School of Pharmacy, 1323 Walker Building, Auburn University, AL 36849-5505, T. 334-844-7121, E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.