The online rounds of the Clinical Pharmacy Challenge (CPC), ACCP’s novel, national team competition, began September 7. Now in its second decade of competition, the CPC continues to draw widespread participation from 114 institutions representing 46 states and the District of Columbia.
Click here to view the complete 2023 CPC schedule. The teams will answer items in each of the competition's three distinct segments:
- Clinical Case
The item content used in each segment was developed and reviewed by an expert panel of clinical pharmacy practitioners and educators. The 2023 ACCP Clinical Pharmacy Challenge Item-Author Panel was led by its chair, Jason Isch Pharm.D., BCPS.
Each team member advancing to the quarterfinal round will receive a complimentary student full-meeting registration for the 2023 ACCP Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas, an ACCP gift certificate for $125, and a certificate of recognition. Quarterfinal teams will vie for a spot in the final round for a chance to win up to $1500 and the title of Clinical Pharmacy Challenge Champion.
Past winners of the Clinical Pharmacy Challenge are:
- 2010 – University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- 2011 – Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- 2012 – Northeastern University Bouvé College of Health Sciences School of Pharmacy
- 2013 – East Tennessee State University Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy
- 2014 – Purdue University College of Pharmacy
- 2015 – University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- 2016 – East Tennessee State University Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy
- 2017 – University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
- 2018 – University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy
- 2019 – University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2020 – University of Missouri Kansas City School of Pharmacy
- 2021 – University of Wisconsin - Madison School of Pharmacy
- 2022 - University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
To obtain more information on the challenge and view a listing of the teams that participated and progressed through each of the 2023 online rounds, please visit https://www.accp.com/stunet/index.aspx.