By Wilbert J. McKeachie and Marilla Svinicki
This indispensable handbook provides helpful strategies for dealing with both the everyday challenges of university teaching and those that arise in efforts to maximize learning for every student. The suggested strategies are supported by research and adaptable to specific classroom situations. Rather than suggest a “set of recipes” to be followed mechanically, McKeachie’s Teaching Tips gives you the tools you need to deal with the ever-changing dynamics of teaching and learning at the university level.
- Guest-authored chapters offer advice and instruction from renowned educators on subjects such as writing, teaching thinking, and laboratory instruction.
- Technology coverage includes topics such as the use of PowerPoint slides, plagiarism, and effective Web research.
- Additional important coverage includes experiential learning, recent policy shifts, diversity and gender issues, and standards and accountability.
New to this edition are the following:
- A new chapter on feedback and assessment providing recommendations on how to improve the quality of teacher feedback
comments and discussions on ways of ensuring that these comments have maximum impact on learning
- Streamlined chapter design to allow the book to maintain its pocket-sized length while incorporating new information
- Updates to all chapters include new developments in technologies and instructional strategies
ISBN: 9780495809296; 2010; 416 pages; softbound
Shipping and Handling Information
|McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers, 13th Edition