The ACCP Academy offers a flexible, curricular approach to enhancing ACCP members' abilities in their major areas of responsibility. Each one-year curriculum will include both required and elective programming delivered during ACCP's spring and fall meetings. Relying on interactive instruction, the curricula provide opportunities to apply key principles to everyday professional pursuits. Those who complete respective program curricular and portfolio requirements will receive a certificate and additional recognition as graduates of the ACCP Academy. The Academy provides four unique professional development programs leading to certificates of completion in:
- Teaching and Learning
Established in 2006, the Teaching and Learning Certificate Program was the first program offered by the ACCP Academy. The Teaching and Learning Certificate Program is designed to assist in the recruitment, motivation, and preparation of clinical educators who can inspire students to advance the profession of pharmacy.
- Leadership and Management
The Leadership and Management Certificate Program was the second program to be offered in the ACCP Academy. Released by ACCP in 2007, the program is designed to enable participants to better lead their personal lives as well as to guide and inspire their associates in the workplace. This enhanced ability will enable pharmacy leaders to better create the changes necessary to advance pharmacy’s mission within the health care system.
- Research and Scholarship
The Research and Scholarship Certificate Program, established in 2008, is designed to develop basic clinical research and scholarly abilities of clinical pharmacists. The program integrates research theory with practical applications while involving the participant in scholarly work early in the curriculum.
- Career Advancement
In 2009, the ACCP Academy established the Career Advancement Certificate Program. The Career Advancement Certificate Program is designed to help both new and experienced practitioners advance their careers as clinicians, establish credible interprofessional and patient-centered roles, extend their clinical practices through mentoring and precepting, and employ practical strategies to enhance their professional standing and recognition.
Leadership in Learning
The ACCP Academy is committed to providing meaningful learning opportunities for its members through a unique array of rigorous and challenging academic experiences. Program participants enjoy the advantages of flexible scheduling and self-direction, as well as the benefits of an interactive environment commensurate with other premier institutions of higher learning. Each certificate program offers these key features:
- Offers live, interactive workshops presented by nationally-known faculty and preceptors.
- Provides a systematic/foundational core of educational principles and practices.
- Incorporates opportunities for self-assessment, peer assessment, and feedback from a mentor.
- Develops an online formative portfolio that enhances and documents each participant's progress during the program.
- Provides a convenient and cost-efficient delivery of program courses by offering them during ACCP's spring and fall meetings on a recurring basis.
- Allows participants to elect additional areas of study tailored to their specific instructional needs.
- Awards a Certificate of Completion and official ACCP recognition once the participant completes the program requirements.
Participants can complete a program in one year if they attend both the ACCP Spring and Fall Annual Meetings, and complete all portfolio assignments. Please address questions about the ACCP Academy to Zangi Miti or Kathy Lemons.